東京での展示を終え、テル・ノヂはフランスへ戻って参りました。
毎度のことですが、強烈な未練とともに、個展を終えた余韻に浸るどころか、未だに酔っております。
自身のショーとは、それはそれは特別なもので、決死の覚悟で、フランスからはるばる挑んでいるわけです。
「私には、作ることに理由がある。」
今回、現場に立ち、制作秘話や作品の解説、そしてその理由をお客様にすること自体も、実は私の作品の一部なのだと、改めて認識することができました。
そういう意味で私にとって個展とは、「ショー」という言葉で言い換えることもできるのだと思います。
「歌手か、お前は?」
「はい、そうです。」
しかし私は、違った方法で「唄う」。
もしかすると今回、やっと自分のスタイルを確立できたのかもしれません。
今回、作家として成長するための数々のヒントと、このような素敵な「ショー」の機会をくださった、小宮山書店CEO aka ”ボス”、ミスター・ケイタ・コミヤマ。
現場にて、私のフォローやお客様のご案内まできめ細かにしてくださった、ギャラリーのミセス・ムギ、ミス・スミレ、小宮山書店スタッフの皆様。
快くご自身のアトリエでの修繕作業をさせて下さり、私をサポートして下さった画家のミス・エリー・カワグチ。
作品をお迎えくださった皆様。
ご来場くださった皆様。
友人たち。野地一族。
心より感謝申し上げます。
そしてまた、アルルで続きを唄います。
テル・ノヂ
Tokyo show is over, and Teru Noji is back in France.
As always, I’m still soaking in the afterglow, and honestly, still drunk on it, with a strong sense of longing.
My own show is something very special to me. I come all the way from France, ready to risk it all.
“There’s a reason why I create.”
This time, standing there, telling visitors the stories behind the works and explaining them, I realized that this, too, is part of the artwork.
In that sense, I think a solo exhibition can also be called a “show.”
“What are you, a singer or something?”
“Yes, I am.”
But I “sing” in a different way.
Maybe this time, I finally found my own style.
To Mr. Keita Komiyama, CEO of Komiyama Shoten, aka “Boss,” for giving me so many insights as an artist, and for this wonderful “show.”
To Mrs. Mugi, Miss Sumire, and everyone at Komiyama Shoten, for supporting me on site and helping guide the visitors.
To painter Miss Ellie Kawaguchi, for supporting me and kindly letting me use her studio to repair my works.
To everyone who took my work home.
To everyone who came to the show.
My friends. The Noji family.
My deepest thanks to you all.
And now, I’ll continue “singing” in Arles.
Teru Noji
No comments:
Post a Comment