Friday, August 10, 2012

RIP my friend

My dear dear friend, my master of computer graphics, Jun Sogabe of 'Organix', just passed away after a long fight with pancreatic cancer. He was 44.
The master of digital psychedelic art. One of the most important person in psychedelic art history. Another friend described him as "he helped raise the level of design from hippie style to super-cyber". Let's say the shamanic genious Alex Grey in the west, but we had digital psychedelic Organix in the east. The last time I saw him was ages ago around 1998, in Bali. ...on the road on my motorbike with my ex-wife to Seminyak from Krobokan. Right before the curve, all the sudden an oncoming yellow motocrosser in sight riding super fast. We almost crashed but we both managed to get out of the way and see each other's face, and shouting our name in the same time. He was like "TERU!!", and me "JUN!!". He started talking like a machine gun (like always), using a lot of "ne - ね(like net, but not pronouncing the t)" in between his words. "hey Teru, ano (you know what?) ne, kondo (next time) ne, London de (at london) ne, boku (I'm gonna) ne, ...ne ne ne ne ne...". And we went for a sushi. Hmmm, memories ne...Oh Jun, I will miss your "ne talking", ne.This is for you, our favorite band. I know you're dancing now, ne...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9jIRbTg7uc

No comments: